INTRODUCTION TO MEDITATION
FOR EVERYONE • NO PRE-REGISTRATION • NO PRE-REQUISITE
Discover meditation or deepen your practice and understanding of the buddhist philosophy
Wednesdays • 7:30 – 9pm with Simon Millerd
Meditation is now scientifically recognized as one of the best methods to reduce stress and to develop inner well-being. In reality, meditation offers much more than that. Find real solutions to your inner problems of anxiety, anger, stress, impatience & many more by discovering, re-discovering or deepening this ancient practice.
According to the topic of the class:
1. Learn the foundation of a strong meditation practice
2. Learn how to use meditation to solve particular daily problems such as anxiety, stress, dissatisfaction…
3. Develop your concentration
4. Integrate meditation into your daily life to progressively maintain inner peace no matter what external conditions you are faced with.
- 2 Guided meditations (about 12-15 min each)
- A talk on a practical aspect of meditation to nourish and deepen our experiences & practice of meditation.
Get our newsletter to find out when new series of classes start and to be notified of other special events offered at the centre.
30-Day Meditation Challenge
Every year, through our 30-Day Meditation Challenge, we offer you the opportunity to build a great habit which will help you pacify your distractions and cultivate positive and kind states of mind. As with all activity, familiarity, repetition and motivation are key for success. Offer yourself this incredible gift of inner peace, one day at a time!
June 26 • Why and How to Meditate
July 03 • Set up a Daily Meditation Practice
July 10 • Being Patient With Ourself
July 17 • Increasing your Focus
July 24 • Maintaining a Calm and Happy Mind
From June 24 – July 24, for only [$60], you have access to:
– “Intro to meditation” classes *NEW*
– “Meditation & Buddhism” classes
– “Lamrim Meditation” classes (in French)
– Lunchtime and evening guided meditations
– FREE Meditation Workshop Retreat (July 6)* PRE-REGISTRATION REQUIRED
– 25% discount on weekend workshop: Loving Others Sincerely (July 20)** PRE-REGISTRATION REQUIRED
*given in French, pre-registration required with payment to have access to lunch
**given in French
July 25 – Aug 8 • NO CLASS – Summer Festival
Stay tuned for more classes in the Fall.
Simon Millerd is a sincere practitioner and student of the Teacher Training Program at Kadampa Meditation Centre Montreal. He is a devoted member of our community helping in many aspects of the daily running. He is much appreciated for his calm and warm attitude as well as his sense of humour. Simon guides meditation in English at lunchtime and teaches the Intro to Meditation classes.
Learn more about KMC Montreal’s teachers.
Kadampa Meditation Centre Montreal
835 Laurier E, Montreal, Qc
12$/ class • 40$/ 4 classes (Free for members)
We are a not-for-profit charity. All financial contributions go to support the activities of KMCM and any surplus goes to support the activities of the International Temples Project (ITP), an international fund dedicated to public benefit.